just a few self reminders:
* no one will respect you if you can’t respect yourself. feel good about yourself, your decisions, the people you surround yourself with, and the way you live your life, and it will radiate onto others.
* get up an extra 15 minutes early so you can make yourself presentable for work…even if you don’t love your job. you’re almost guaranteed to have a better day, and you’ll feel better too.
* do not have any interest in people who have you interest in you. this goes for repairing damaged friendships, pursuing the opposite sex (or same, if you choose), and people who otherwise have a negative influence in your life.
* lying is undoubtably one of the worst characteristics any human being can possess. do not surround yourself with people you cannot trust, or people who are otherwise undeserving of your attention.
* no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. do not subject yourself to negativity, and know when to separate yourself from the bad. after awhile, people will have a hard time helping you if you don’t know when to help yourself.
* do something that makes you happy every single day.
* binge drinking does not get you what you want in life. binge drinking, more often than not, gets you regrets, mistakes and a poor outlet for the real problems in your life. channel your concerns and problems into positivity, and be proactive at making the appropriate changes you need in life.
* in the end, you only have yourself. as depressing as this may sound, if you do not live for yourself, then what is the point of living at all? do not waste time getting others to like you, trying to be the “right” person, or conforming to society’s stereotypes. follow your own path, and follow the right path for you. if you are successful at this, people will be drawn to you anyway.
i need to remind myself to read these more often. i just sort of made them up, but they could not be ringing more true right now. here’s to a new week, a new point of view, and a new state of mind. i love a lot of things in my life, and i need to embrace them more often. i need to stop stretching myself too thin, reaching for things that sound good at the time, and otherwise making poor decisions that reflect negatively upon my character. i’m a good person, and karma will come around, god willing.